How do you know if your website is having an impact?
- If you get emails sent to your new email address
- If people forward your emails and newsletters to others
- If people fill out your website’s online forms (polls, surveys, contact forms…)
- If people are sharing your profile pages in the social media
- If people in your social media groups comment on your website
- If people subscribe to your social media groups (Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, Google+…)
- If people comment on the embedded social media posts on your website
- If people submit blog articles for your blog page
- If people phone you, text you or Skype message you
- If people wish to attend one of the public events you promote
- If people ask permission to use one of the photos, videos or graphic artwork on your site
These are all touch points, points of interaction with your audience or your market. If people are not interacting with you, then either your content, or your marketing effort, must change. Here below is a unique strategy I recommend to anyone who intends to build a website that has market impact. If you like this strategy then I welcome you to attend one of my online or onsite workshops where I give more details on how synchronized website building is worth trying. If you are too busy to read, on here’s my main point: Build your first website at the same time as others who are building theirs and benefit from each other’s experience or expertise.
-sylvain (link to the full article)