New gTLD updates and news for the week of Tuesday April 22, 2014 Vol. 9
New gTLDs going LIVE THIS WEEK
TLDs going into Sunrise this week are:
|Registry||TLD||Pricing||General Availability Launch Date|
|Donuts||.report||$19.99||2nd July, 2014|
TLDs going into General Availability this week are:
|Donuts||.farm||$29.95||23rd April, 2014|
New gTLDs going LIVE NEXT WEEK
TLDs going into Sunrise next week :
We’re awaiting details on the list of Donuts TLDs that might go into Sunrise next week.
TLDs going into General Availibility next week are:
(Includes Registry Cost)
|Plan Bee LLC||.build||$84.95||29th April, 2014|
|Donuts||.agency||$19.95||30th April, 2014|
New gTLD in Focus
The TLD in focus this week is .CODES.
.codes goes LIVE into General Availability on 23rd April .
A .codes domain can have several uses.
A “code” is any system used to simplify information, whether as a code of conduct, a building code, or programming code. .codes provides a domain namespace for all uses of the term “code” and can be utilized by any individual, company, or organization, making it the perfect extension for creating glossaries of code terms, giving advice on performing to code or coding, and establishing peer forums for code-sharing and problem-solving.
Also, a .codes domain can be leveraged by companies that sell goods and services over the internet. The domain offers such businesses a dedicated web address for promotion voucher codes or coupon codes.
Thus, a .codes domain makes an effective web address for sites that offer coupon codes, IT Professionals & Companies and any other company that deals in digits.
Here’s the pricing for .codes on the system:
Here’s a look at the potential selling price of a .codes domain across the major Registrars too:
New gTLD Industry News
- The top 5 New gTLDs are: (as of 22nd April)
- Dot London and Dot NYC to take different approaches for domain registration restrictions – Read Article
- Dot Joburg to tentatively launch on 1st June, 2014. Learn about the launch plan from this Presentation
- ICANN appoints Escrow4All as a New gTLD Data Escrow Agent. There are now 5 companies approved as Escrow Agents – Read Article
- ICANN releases New gTLD Contracting Stats. 386 Registry Agreements have been signed till date – Read Article