We are happy to announce the launch of 2nd level .uk domains which are the ones without .co or .net. An example would be sibername.uk
We have completed the integration process with the Registry and started selling .uk domains through our .UK Domain name Registration Page
Register your .UK domain name here!
- .uk follows a grandfathering process for names registered in the 2nd level extensions
- If a 3rd level .uk domain is registered before June 10, 2014, 0800 UTC, then the corresponding .uk domain can only be registered by the same person/entity.uk domain name. Existing Rights on .uk domains can checked here
- The grandfathering is such that if .co.uk, .org.uk and .me.uk were all registered (by different people), the .co.uk owner will have first rights on the corresponding .uk name. If .co.uk weren’t registered, the .org.uk owner gets preference over the .me.uk owner
- When a customer registers a 2nd level .uk domain name, he will be asked to fill a form with the complete contact information of the corresponding 3rd level .uk domain name
- If the 3rd level .uk domain is registered under the same Registrar, it will have to authenticate the application. We have already built in a provision for this in the system
- If the 3rd level .uk domains is registered under some other Registrar, the .uk Registry will conduct verification by sending an email to the 3rd level .uk Registrant for authentication verification. If the verification is not completed within 7 days, the domain name will be deleted and the fees will be refunded by the Registry
- All domain Registrations must abide by the Data Quality Policy that came into effect for all 2nd and 3rd level .uk names on May 7, 2014. Visit the following link for details on Data Quality Policy
- If the country of the Registrant contact is not UK, then an additional ‘address for service’ contact must be specified at the time of registration. This “.uk service contact” contact must have a valid UK address (particularly, country must be GB, GG, JE or IM), and the registry will send all physical communication intended for the domain name to this address
- If the Registrant contact address is of UK (i.e. GB, GG, JE or IM), then the “.uk service contact” is not required
Trust this mail helps. For any queries about this mail, feel free to get in touch with us.