If you are a Canadian company, Sibername recommends that you consider getting a .CA domain name that will make your company instantly recognizable as Canadian to Internet users around the world. There are various advantages of having a .CA domain name – in this blog post we discuss several of them:
- Surveys show that Canadians prefer .CA sites over .COM sites for shopping, banking, news, entertainment, education.
- .CA domain names are trusted because the CIRA (independent national registry) keeps them safe and secure and manages the domain name registry on behalf of all Canadians.
- .CA is a globally trusted and recognized domain extension that identifies your connection to Canada.
- The .ca domain is the fourth-fastest growing domain extension. There are over two million .CA domains registered today.
- The .CA domain is a way for businesses to express and promote their Canadian identity and national pride.
- The .CA domain name allows you to distinguish yourself, while the .COM name puts you in the midst of millions of organizations.
- People looking to buy Canadian and domestic products will find you easily.
- Many Canadian businesses with a .com are typically seen as a U.S. brand.
- More and more Canadian consumers expect Canadian business to have a .ca website versus a .com.
- A .ca domain name automatically indicates to search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo that the content of the site is Canadian.
- If you are targeting a Canadian audience, .CA has some real SEO advantages – especially when it comes to ranking on Google.ca.
.CA domain names are registered on a first-come, first-served basis. Don’t waste any more time and claim your .CA domain name via Sibername today! Check to see if the .CA domain name you want is available. Visit our new TLDs page.