How to use Core FTP for upload ?
If you are ready with your site or you want to download/upload any stuff in your hosting server using FTP tool then this tutorial will guide you the exact steps. Before you can upload any file to your site, you will need Hosting Package . Once you signup for the hosting service then you will get Welcome Mail which contains all the information including FTP details as well. It will be like this
1. Your FTP host name is ftp.example.com
Tip: You can use hostname.sibername.com as a host in the meantime until your domain request has been approved .
2. Your username is username
3. Your password is password
4. Your home page must be named index.html, index.htm, index.cgi, index.pgp etc
5. Please place all of your Internet files only in the www or public_html directory Anything you will upload inside public_html or www folder it will apear as http://www.example.com .
How do I install FireFTP?
- First of all, you need Firefox to run FireFTP. It was not created as a standalone program, but as an extension to the Firefox browser.
- To install FireFTP, go to http://fireftp.mozdev.org and click on the ‘Download FireFTP’ link on the main page.
- You need to let the page finish loading in order to click the Install link (do not click on the Stop button). Firefox might display a thin yellow bar at the top saying that it has blocked installation – you will need to click on the button on the far right to add FireFTP to your “white list” of sites that you approve of.
- Another problem you might experience could be with the download mirrors that the file is being received from. Sometimes the servers go down, so you might have to click on the Install link a couple times to get a mirror that is working.
What is FTP?
How do I start FireFTP?
Go to your menu bar and click Tools->Web Developer->FireFTP. Alternatively, you can use the toolbar button. To add the toolbar button, right click on the Firefox toolbar and select “Customize…”. Then find the FireFTP button and drag it to the toolbar somewhere.
Make sure you have successfully restarted Firefox after installation; otherwise FireFTP will not be fully installed.
How do I connect to an FTP server and use FireFTP to transfer files?
Perform the following:
- Under the accounts menu, select “Create an account…”
- Go to the “Host” field and enter in the name of the server you wish to connect to ftp.example.com with your username & password as well so enter those in the appropriate fields.
- Click Ok to save the account information and to close the dialog.
- Finally, click the “Connect” button to make the connection to your site.
Once you’ve connected, you’ll find that the local files are on your left and the remote files are on your right. You can click on a local file and press the arrow pointing to the right to upload a file to the server.
Similarly, you can click on a file on the right side and press the arrow pointing to the left to download a file from the server to your computer.
How do I turn off Passive Mode/turn on Active Mode?
For more assistance and other information please check HERE