- Select hosting package and signup:- Signup for the hosting package as per your requirement via http://sibername.com/en/canadianwebhosting/ .
Dont know which hosting package ? then send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you.
- Once signup is done then you will get welcome email which contains all the details including cpanel , FTP and other important information regarding the hosting package.
- Backup of your current live site and download your mails: Before moving to another hosting server you will need to make sure you have the current live site pages so you can upload it to new hosting server. You can use FTP Tool to connect to your existing hosting server. You can use our FTP tutorials to download the site pages. You can use your current hosting FTP details to connect to server and download files. If you do not have FTP details then contact your current hosting provider.Also, you can send us a mail at email@example.com with your current FTP details if you want us to move your files to our hosting server.
- Now after downloading your site backup at your end then use new hosting server FTP details and upload your files. Also, please create the email accounts as well using Cpanel area.Test your site pages : Once the upload is done then test your site using Temp Server Url . You can check the it via http://hostname.sibername.com/~cpaneluser ( Check your welcome mail) . If you got any issue or missing thing then contact us.
- Once email accounts created and files uploaded then contact your current registrar to update the nameservers to new hosting server. If the domain name is with sibername then you can send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for nameserver change or you can update it from domain manager. Once you will update the nameservers to new hosting server then it might take couple of hours to resolve to new host. For .ca domain name its 5-6 hours and 24-48 hours for other domains.Your site will be working from the old host till starts pointing to our hosting server. If its starts pointing to our hosting server then it will work as well without any downtime.
- If we are not the domain registrar then you can move your domain name as well. You can use our Registrar Transfer area to start the transfer. Moving domain name is not necessary. All you have to do is to update the DNS server information according to your web hosting plan.But having the domain name with us would
– add another year to the domain expiry date
– make it easier to apply changes to the domain name if needed
FTP :- FTP is an acronym for File Transfer Protocol. As the name suggests, FTP is used to transfer files between computers on a network. You can use FTP to exchange files between computer accounts, transfer files between an account and a desktop computer. You can use FTP tool to upload or download your files to hosting server. There are number of FTP tools available for download free online. You can download Filezilla free from here .