In this Article, we’ll guide you how to setup email account in Windows 10 mail application to check your emails. Windows 10 mail application will allow you to send and receive emails from your desktop. You must have an email account already created in cPanel to do so. If you have not done so already, please refer to our tutorial to create one or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime for assistance.
- Type “Mail” into the search bar next to the start menu.
- Click the “Mail” icon that appears in the search results.
The mail application should open on your screen.
Add a New Account
There are two ways to add an email account in Mail. If mail hasn’t been setup before, you will get a Welcome window inviting you to setup an email account. If mail has been setup already, you will have to access the mail settings and create a new account. The following are instructions for both scenarios:
If Mail Hasn’t Been Setup
- Click “Get Started“.
- Click “Add account“.
If Mail Has Been Setup
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom left.
- On the right side of the mail window, the settings pane will open. Click on “Accounts“.
- Click “add Account“.
- On the new account screen, choose Advanced Setup.
- Choose Internet email
- On the next screen, enter the following settings:
- Account Name: Anything you would like to name this account.
- Your Name: The name that people will see when you send them an email from this account.
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.example.com Note: Replace example.com with your domain.
- Account Type: Choose IMAP4 (recommended) or POP3
- User Name: Enter the email address for the account you are setting up.
- Password: The password for the email account you are setting up.
- Outgoing: mail.example.com Note: Replace example.com with your domain.
- Leave the checkboxes for “Outgoing server requires authentication“, “Use the same user name and password for sending mail“, “Require SSL for incoming email“, “Require SSL for outgoing email” checked.
- Click the “Sign In” button.
- On the “Setup Successful” message click the “Done” button.
- If you receive an “Untrusted certificate” message, click the continue button.
Your email account should now be added to Windows 10 mail.