Whenever you enter a query in a search engine and hit ‘enter’ you get a list of web results that contain that query term. Users normally tend to visit websites that are at the top of this list as they perceive those to be more relevant to the query. If you have ever wondered why some of these websites rank better than the others then you must know that it is because of a powerful web marketing technique called Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Search Engine Optimization (sometimes known as SEO) is the process of improving your web site’s “relationship” with the various search engines out there on the Internet. Now “relationship” can be defined in a lot of different ways. For the most part, you want to rank higher for keywords or phrases in the search engines and Search Engine Optimization is the process of doing that.
What exactly does SEO do?
It is the method of analyzing and constructing individual web pages, as well as entire sites, so that they can be discovered, analyzed, and then indexed by various search engines.
SEO can make the content of your web pages more relevant, more attractive, and more easily read by search engines and their crawling and indexing software.
- Google: http://www.google.com/addurl/
- Yahoo!: http://submit.search.yahoo.com/free/request/
- Bing Search: http://www.bing.com/docs/submit.aspx
You can review the Ask.com policy on search engine submissions here:
You can read more about Google’s thoughts on Search Engine Optimization here:
How to Submit Yourself to Search Engines
There are three major search engines you need to pay most attention to, and get yourself submitted to. They are Google, Bing and Yahoo!.
Please make sure first how you are building your website so you can check how and which all steps need to be followed to perform the presense. Also, please read meta tags as well. You can click on below mentioned
The META tags in a website are used to help provide extra underlying information about a web page to search engines. There are a lot of different types of META tags, but we will focus on the two most important in this tutorial which are; the Keywords META tag, and the Description META tag.
WHAT IS A KEYWORD META TAG AND WHAT IS A DESCRIPTION META TAG:
So now that you know how the search engines read the META TAGS, and you know where they are, lets figure out how to use them. I stated in the intro of this tutorial that we will focus on the Keywords META tag and the DESCRIPTION META tag.
Meta Tag : This is some search engines use to search your site with. Please enter each keyword separated by a comma. There is no need to use line feeds or carriage returns in the field. People abused them and added all kinds of stuff to a page keyword just so that they would rank higher. DO NOT DO THIS! You will be banned from search engines, and it is just plain wrong. Stick to relevant keywords only! I can not stress this enough.
The Description META tag : This is a Meta Tag that helps search engines classify your web site. This should be a small sentence that describes your site.. Simple enough. Try to keep it to 25-30 words, or two sentences. Include two to three top keywords in this description
· META tags play an important role in a search engine search, and should be carefully thought about. Keep in mind that META tags help search engines determine the relevance of your sites content, so stick to what is important and do not try to add extra fluff.
· The Keywords META tag consists of generally 15-20 keywords. Research the best keywords out there relevant to your content and use these.
· include misspellings of keywords and phrases that you think people might type in when searching for your content.
· The Description META tag consists of 25-30 words, or at least two sentences, and can include your top two to three keywords.
· DO NOT TRY TO ABUSE META TAGS BY ADDING A LOT OF EXTRA NON-SPECIFIC KEYWORDS
· YOU WILL GET BANNED FROM SEARCH ENGINES FOR ABUSING META TAGS