Follow the steps below to configure Mac OS X Mail for use with your Mail Basic account using the IMAP Protocol.
- Make sure that you have the login details like email account, password , incoming and outgoing hosting with port details. To check the details (Login to www.yourdomain.com/cpanel >> Email Accounts > More . Configure Email account. You can also contact us at email@example.com for details.
- Open your Mac Mail application.
- Select Mail >> Accounts >> Click the + icon in the bottom right, to add a new account.
- Choose Add Other Mail Account, skipping the default options provided.
- Specify your preferred Display Name, Email Address and your password.
- Click Create. Apple Mail will try to auto discover the settings for your account.
- Click ‘Next’ to provide the configurations details manually.
- Select IMAP for Account Type. Provide the following details for Incoming Mail Server Info:
- Mail Server: hostname.sibername.com
- User Name: Your complete email address (firstname.lastname@example.org for domains hosted with us )
- Password: Password
- Apple Mail verifies the account details and maps the Incoming server details for the account.
- Click Next to configure the Outgoing Mail Server Info for the account.
- Provide the following details for Outgoing Server Info:
- SMTP Server: hostname.sibername.com
- User Name: Your full email address (email@example.com for domains hosted with us)
- Password: Password Click Create.
- The account will get created based on the server details provided. The folders and the emails in the account will be synced with the Mac Mail client.
- In case you get authentication errors, check your IMAP Status. If IMAP Status is disabled, Enable IMAP and try again.
- Often connection errors happen, when the server details are incorrect.
- Check if the Incoming and SMTP Server names are correct.
- Check if SSL is turned on for Incoming Server and the port number is 993. Mail >> Preferences >> Accounts