Trademark Clearinghouse for New TLDs
The domain name landscape is about to change dramatically with the introduction of hundreds of new gTLDs. Are you and your customers ready for this shift?
As part of the roll-out process of new gTLDs, ICANN has mandated the creation of the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH). The TMCH is designed to serve as the ctralized database for the protection of trademark holders' rights during the launch of the new gTLDs.
Sibername rectly launched its Trademark Clearinghouse Service and many of our customers are now leveraging the TMCH service to submit their trademarks.
How TMCH Works to Protect Trademarks:
1. Trademark Sunrise Protection
Trademark holders with registered marks with the Clearinghouse will be giv first opportunity to obtain their respective branded domains for each and every new gTLD release. During the mandatory Sunrise period for any new gTLD, trademarks validated by the Clearinghouse can register their branded domain before the geral public. Please note that having a validated trademark try in the Clearinghouse is the minimum requiremt to participate in the limited Sunrise pre-registration period.
Sunrise Service Advantages:
- Trademark holders will have ample time to register their IP rights using a user-fridly web interface
- Register once with the Clearinghouse and register any or all corresponding domain names for any new gTLD
- Greatly reduce the administrative burd and associated costs for Trademark Holders
2. Trademark Claims
The Trademark Clearinghouse monitors registered marks for Trademark Holders. Whever a third party attempts to register a registered trademark, both the domain name registrant and trademark holder will be warned of possible infringemts.
How the Claim Service Works:
- A pottial domain name registrant gets a warning notice wh attempting to register a domain name that matches a trademark registered in the Clearinghouse.
- If, after receiving and accepting the notice, the domain name registrant continues to register the domain name, the trademark holder will receive notification so they can take any appropriate action.
- This service is available within the first 90 days of Geral Availability.
- Annual Price Per TradeMark: 299.95* CAD/TradeMark/Year (this includes up to 10 Domain Labels)
- Additional Domain Labels: 2.95 CAD/Label
- TradeMarks can be registered for 1, 3 and 5 year terms
The TMCH is an integral service to helping our customers protect their valuable IP as well as to leverage opportunities with the new gTLDs. Remember, some of the first sunrise periods are alredy in progress. We courage you to register your trademarks in the TMCH as soon as possible.