.ASIA Domain Names Land Rush FAQ
.ASIA is a Domain Extension sponsored by the DotAsia Organization. It is a regional domain for companies, organizations, and individuals based in or having a target audience based in the region of Asia, Australia, and the Pacific.
- Great Reach – Asia houses 60% of the world’s population, and the number of Asian Internet users is growing at 350% every year! In fact, 3 Asian countries rank amongst the top 5 for internet usage.
- Protect your Brand – If you already have a business within Asia, or own any other domain names related to Asian operations, then you should get your .ASIA domain as well.
- Create Your Presence in Your Community – It is about time that the largest continent in the world had a domain extension specific to its own community and gave users an apt alternative.
Who can register a .ASIA Domain Name?
Anybody! All you need to ensure is that at least one of the Domain Contacts (Registrant, Admin, Tech, or Billing) should reside in one of the .ASIA countries. The Domain Contact used for this purpose, will be referred to as the CED (Charter of Eligibility Declaration) Contact.
- United Arab Emirates
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Cook Islands
- Christmas Island
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Hong Kong
- Heard Island and McDonald Islands
- Iran, Islamic Republic of
- Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of
- Korea, Republic of
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Sri Lanka
- Marshall Islands
- Norfolk Island
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Palestinian Territories
- Saudi Arabia
- Solomon Islands
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Viet Nam
e United Arab Emirates af Afghanistan am Armenia aq Antarctica au Australia az Azerbaijan bd Bangladesh bh Bahrain bn Brunei Darussalam bt Bhutan cc Cocos (Keeling) Islands ck Cook Islands cn China cx Christmas Island cy Cyprus fj Fiji fm Micronesia, Federated States of ge Georgia hk Hong Kong hm Heard Island and McDonald Islands id Indonesia il Israel in India iq Iraq ir Iran, Islamic Republic of jo Jordan jp Japan kg Kyrgyzstan kh Cambodia ki Kiribati kp Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of kr Korea, Republic of kw Kuwait kz Kazakhstan la Lao People’s Democratic Republic lb Lebanon lk Sri Lanka mh Marshall Islands mm Myanmar mn Mongolia mo Macao mv Maldives my Malaysia nf Norfolk Island np Nepal nr Nauru nu Niue nz New Zealand om Oman pg Papua New Guinea ph Philippines pk Pakistan ps Palestinian Territories pw Palau qa Qatar sa Saudi Arabia sb Solomon Islands sg Singapore sy Syrian Arab Republic th Thailand tj Tajikistan tk Tokelau tl Timor-Leste tm Turkmenistan to Tonga tr Turkey tv Tuvalu tw Taiwan uz Uzbekistan vn Viet Nam vu Vanuatu ws Samoa ye Yemen
How does the Registry confirm a CED Contact?
At the time of applying for a Domain, the CED Contact needs to provide the following additional information to confirm identification:
- Form of Identification (any one)
- Certificate of Incorporation or equivalent business registration certificate issued by the relevant government registry as confirmation of the due incorporation and valid existence of the company
- Act, decree or legislation chartering the formation of an entity
- Societies Registry or equivalent registry for non-corporate entities
- Political Parties Registry
- Passport or Citizenship ID
- Identification Number / Code of Reference (e.g. Passport number, Business Certificate number, Act or Legislation number/code, etc.)
What is Landrush?
Landrush is a limited period wherein anyone can apply for their preferred Domain Names before the actual registrations go Live.
How does the .ASIA Landrush Process work?
The .ASIA Landrush will take place between 20th February and 12th March, 2008. We are, however, accepting applications also before the Landrush begins. The final allocation of the Domains will take place shortly after the Registry goes live. When you apply for a .ASIA Domain Name, there could be 2 possible scenarios:
- You are the sole applicant: In case you the only one applying for the concerned Domain Name throughout the Landrush, then the Domain Name will be allocated to you shortly after the Landrush.
- There are multiple applicants: In case there is more than one application for that Domain Name, you will need to participate in an auction process to win it. This auction will take place shortly after the Landrush period ends. If any of your Domains do qualify for an auction, you will be notified about it via an email. The email will also give you all the necessary detail about the auction process.
- Minimum registration period is 2 years, as mandated by the .ASIA Registry.
- You will not be able to view the .ASIA Domain Names that have been applied for, in your Control Panel during the Landrush. Only once a Domain is successfully registered, will you be able to view or manage it in your Control Panel.
Is the .ASIA application amount refundable?
Yes, in case the outcome of the auction is not in your favor, then the entire amount will be refunded to you shortly after the .ASIA Registry goes live.
Why apply through us?
- Competitive Prices: Get the most competitive rates in the industry, for a host of quality services.
- Full Refund: If you do not get the Domain Name you have applied for, then you can get a complete refund of the application amount.