Why Privacy Protection?
- When you enable Privacy Protection on a domain name, we replace all your publicly visible contact details with alternate contact information so that when a WHOIS query is performed on the domain, an alternate mailing address, email address and phone number are displayed.
- You retain full ownership of the domain and have complete control of it.
- Anyone that tries to contact you using the alternate email address or phone number provided in the public WHOIS database will be directed to an online contact form which will in turn email the message to you. All mails sent to the alternate mailing address will be discarded.
- Privacy Protection can be disabled/enabled at any time and is provided absolutely FREE.
How does it work?
- When buying a domain name you have to provide accurate contact information.
- This information has to be made publicly available to everyone via the public WHOIS database as required by ICANN, the international governing body for domain names.
- Everyday, this valuable source of accurate contact information is targeted and harvested by spammers and telemarketers resulting in unwanted and unsolicited contact. Also since your contact information is public, you are at risk for identity theft and fraud and of being contacted by harassers and stalkers.
- Privacy Protection ensures that your private information is not published by replacing all your publicly visible contact details with alternate contact information.
Note: Privacy Protect is not available for the following domain names: .NZ, .NZ, .NZ, .TEL, .DE, .EU, .ES, .IN, .UK, .US, .ASIA.