.de Domain Name Registration Requirements
Presence (admin-contact) in Germany. The administrative contact for the domain name must have an address in Germany and, if not, we provide a proxy service. A PO box will not be permitted as an alternative.
Reg Levels Offered: .de
Minimum Name Length: 3 to 63
Dns Requirements: You must have two authoritative nameservers. The nameservers in the domain name's zone file must match the nameservers you are trying to use, or your nameservers are considered non-authoritative.
- Each nameserver must be on a separate class-C network. That is, the first three octets cannot be the same. For example, 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 are valid.
- You must have a Start of Authority (SOA) refresh value between 10000 and 86400 seconds.
- You must have a retry value between 1800 and 28800 seconds.
- You must have a Time to Live (TTL) value between 180 and 345600.
- You must specify a Mail Exchanger (MX) record that resolves to a valid mail server for the life of the domain name registration, not just for the registration itself.
- Serial numbers for all nameserver zones for the domain name must match.
Domain Locking Available: NO
IDNs Available: alb, cat, cze, dan, dut, est, fin, fre, ger, hun, ice, ita, lav, lit, nor, pol, por, scr, slo, spa, swe, tur, vie, wel
Explicit renewal: NO
DNS Sec: NO
Auto-renew date: Your .de domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether you set the domain name to auto-renew or manually renew. We attempt auto-renewal 10 days before the expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we make additional renewal attempts on the following 2 days.
If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 20th day of the month prior to the expiration date, you can attempt to recover it, and there might be a fee to do so.
Grace Period: NO
Redemption Period: 30 days
Transfers: New term begins at transfer date
Authcode Required: YES